10/21/09 - Bluseed Studios - Meeting to discuss "Who/What We Are"
Mark, Peter, David, Bob, Georgeanne, Jack, Sandy, Meg, Burdette, Tim,
Matt, Carol, Susan
Guest facilitator: Jack Drury
Not be a business
Make things simpler for us
visual, performing & literary arts -
First Group discussion - distillation of mission statements from
previous brainstorming list
Mission statement - general and simple - what is given to the public
- To promote & nurture the arts and the community of
Saranac Lake. (the public message)
- Saranac Lake Area Artists support the promotion &
development of the arts in our community through co-operative ventures
of artists, businesses, and organizations by encouraging the creative
process through education, opportunities, and community development.
- ArtWorks is a collaboration of artists in the Saranac Lake
region focusing on the support and cooperation of diverse artists for
the promotion of and education about the arts.
Vision statement - internal document that helps define and direct the
organization; more detailed - with goals & objectives
Goals & Objectives - specific actions we wish to do -(preliminary
- increase the market - promote SL as an arts destination -
get the world to come here
- group advertising
- nurturing - volunteerism, attend events, the creative
process, innovative events
- branding - all businesses should have a little ArtWorks
Next meeting to continue this discussion: Tues. Oct. 27, 7 pm, Bluseed.
Nov 10 next business meeting - time TBD
Next Meeting: Nov 10 - time and location TBD