Bob, Sandy, Beth, John
Financial Report - Burdette was unable to attend; finances are
Developing Sponsorships - Sandy
- August set a record: 66,600 hits; 5749 actual visits; over
1500 visits in Sept
- 52% directly to home page; 16% plein air; then events;
artists; studio tour, etc.
- almost 12% of our hits came from the Chamber web site
(events, PAF + ST)
- <1% from Facebook
- most commonly used search words had to do with plein air
festival, artworks, artwalks, art events
Brochures: keep distributing
them - list of business assignments (attached) - check to see
if they need more for busy fall season.
- Submitted a proposal to have 4 levels of business
sponsorship (see attached);
is to cultivate regular
support from the busiiness community AND to basically just have to do
it once and have the funds support all our activities. However - no
wish to "compete" with Bluseed and Pendragon, need to collaborate.
- Offer artwork as gift to the top sponsor?
- Include ArtWalks?
- Private evening reception for potential sponsors?
- Create a brochure
- Host a Chamber Mixer and make a brief presentation at that
- In Kind sponsorship could also be valuable
- Bob - offer discount to those who do both? ArtWorks
sponsor gets discount on ad in Pendragon program.
- meet with Bluseed, Pendragon, Studio Tour & Plein Air
- Village involvement as a sponsor? Cash? Grant-writing?
- Review, polish up and prepare to businesses in January
when they are planning budgets for coming year.
- talk to Tim about including ArtWalks
- Talk to Bluseed
- Meet - Oct 3, 4 pm to finalize proposal to present to
ArtWorks at Oct 9 meeting
- Presentation to Chamber?
Plein Air Festival
We should report our financials to Village! Let them know what kind of
financial impact the arts have.
- 55 Artists registered - $1100+; 15 from within the Adk
Park; rest of NY, 7 out of state
- $3060 raised from Silent Auction (40 artists) - should be
able to present $2700 check to Pendragon
- 17 artists sold 1 or more paintings at the Show & Sale;
$6920 - $700 profit to ArtWorks
- photo op - presenting check to Pendragon - schedule when
check is ready - PR
Studio Tour (pick up
packets of booklets, signs, etc.) - promote
insurance - opportunities for group coverage for
ArtWorks members? Tabled until next meeting
will work on it
Lake Placid Holiday Stroll, Dec
7 - 8
Our Holiday plans?
- ArtWorks has been invited to participate; Sandy has met
with organizers is discussing - needs to be downtown where there is
foot traffic; limited display; 3 - 4
artists in attendance for 1/2 day. PURPOSE IS EXPOSURE FOR OUR MEMBERS,
distribute info, what's available in Saranac Lake and attract people
- DO WE WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
We wanted more attention and now we're getting it. Members need to step
up and help out.
- Lake Placid is willing to distribute our holiday
promotional materials if we distribute their Holiday Stroll rack cards!
- It was decided that each gallery/business/individual can
choose to hold whatever kind of event (or not) they wish - a holiday
open house with refreshments; an evening with live music; a special
sale, etc.; those near each other might want to choose the same night
and/or partner with a restaurant....
- START PLANNING NOW
- so schedules could be printed in November!
- Creative Place-Making/National Endowment for the Arts
grant; Jeremy contacted us about working with Village
- report on Adirondacks: A Place to Dream event in Lake
Placid: 70? attended; long speeches, little audience interaction;
yearly event? will involve ArtWorks more
- PLEASE SEND A ROUGH ESTIMATE OF YOUR ANNUAL ART INCOME, HOW
MUCH ART/SERVICES YOU DONATE, YOUR LOCAL ART EXPENDITURES - info will
be kept confidential and just the summary used. We need this data to
show what kind of financial impact the arts have. Send to Bob Pettee
- NCPR program about Hannibal, MO as an arts community: http://www.northcountrypublicradio.org/news/npr/156564691/hannibal-mo-art-abounds-in-twain-s-hometown
- listen to audio report about 1/2 down the page.
meeting: Oct 9