|Notes from Meetings - May 19, 2009|
Mark, Peter, Bob, Tim, David, Sandy, Todd
Sandy: made contact for an article in summer Cape Air publication about the arts in Saranac Lake.
Mark: meet with Chamber about marketing village - also suggested the Chamber contact Travel writers in Boston and urge them to do some features about our area.
David: we need to take the initiative about contacting travel writers in Boston
Todd: Peter Crowley has offered this – if we start a SaranacLakeArtWorks blog – write about whatever, Peter will do an RSS feed from blog that will automatically go onto their web site. (current blogs get 3000 hits/week). Let’s do it! We could each take 2-3 turns at writing on it. Todd will get this set up?
- Do we ever want to become a not-for-profit? Let’s look at that again next year.
- Sandy: Chamber report – move delayed; limited space to display art
- Tim: ArtWorks functions as a support group (I missed some of this discussion due to a phone call)
- Todd: creating 4 2x4” street signs for ArtWalks – Sandy asked if they could be borrowed for the Plein Air Festival
- Susan: Press release about development and activities of ArtWorks. Mark promised to come up with one in 24 hours. Susan offered to assist.
- Mark: When others want to join – what do we do?
- Peter: Other organizations have statements of standards – will provide some to share with group (Click here for Standards sent via email June 8, 2009)
- Sandy: free postcards (100 free/$6.30 for shipping) to be able to give out about ArtWorks – yes – sample designs for June 9
- Bob – involve Pendragon in ArtWalks – suggest to Guild member’s (since our exhibit will be up then) about being available there. Maybe someone at new Chamber office too?
- Regular meeting date & time: 2nd Tuesday of the month 8:30 am
- Next Meeting: June 9 – continue discussion on membership & defining mission.