Susan, Todd, David, Sandy
Adirondack Living Show Display
Artworks – font, logo – consistency
- Todd offered his gallery as a work space (deliver wire
racks) to set up display
- Mark – willing to go to all the SL arts places and
photograph them to make a display
- David – our message – SL is a place where you can find
Adirondack art work (made in Adks – not necessarily bark & twig) –
but unique & high quality
- Todd – press release about what Artworks is doing and why –
noteworthy to have a private organization representing the town – photo
of us setting up display? Susan will contact Brian Mann about it.
- Sandy – less is more – let’s not try to include everything
in SL related to the arts.
- Todd – would like to help advise layout of booth, how to
lead people into the booth – perhaps even use of a scent
- Sales – Sandy - credit card imprinter + hand-written
receipts – YES – she will take care of that.
- Who is going and delivering and setting up?
- Need to set up another meeting to arrange display –
Sat.? Mark will email. Sandy will get display system over to
Artworks web site
- Todd provided examples of lower case logos – logo could
easily be lower case but in print it would be captalized
- Mark – let’s use ArtWorks – emphasizes both art and works.
- Todd – use a common font – as long as we get the name out
now, it won’t matter if we alter the font or arrangement later
- Sandy provided examples in various fonts
- Susan suggested working with the silhouette of McKenzie Mt.
- David – logo should represent all the arts – which may be
- Todd - logo is basically the name – name recognition.
Additional advertising ADE Summer Guide, Artisans in the Park
- Todd will put something up for now
- Todd – put announcements of meetings, etc. on web site – so
other artists and businesses will realize they can become involved.
- David – who makes policy and decisions? We’re evolving….
- Mark – press release might be the best way to invite people
to become a part of Artworks
- Mark –Nick Wakeman gave him an estimate of a 5 page
web site - $1500-1800. (Nick has been hired to do the Chamber web
site). Will email us more specifics.. (Todd – using Nick might be a
good way to get strong connection between Artworks and Chamber).
$$ - can we get financial support from more businesses and individual
- ADE is due in 2 days – Todd suggested we use existing one;
Sandy volunteered to redesign – will send out to everyone.
- David – we should include “member of artworks” in our own
Next meeting Mon. April 6, 8:30 Guild or possibly Gallery 7444 to see
display plans. (Note: we did meet on April 6 for the purpose of
creating display - no minutes were kept.)
- Todd – let’s work as we are for a year and then after we
have something to show people, we can probably gain more support via
the concentric layers of artists/businesses
- David – anyone who manufactures anything should be able to
identify with the organization and have a certain level of self-value –
and make a financial contribution – we could even effect elections!
- Susan – village has master plan/vision concept – are the
- Todd – there is money in the stimulus package related to
the arts – has to be applied for through local government – generally
has to do with reducing taxes..
- David/Todd – maybe (in the future) Artworks could process
sales for independent artists