Meetings - Jan 27,
Burdette, Larry, Susan, Diane, Cat, Courtney, Sandy, Bob, Mark
Meeting with Marc Compeau, Director of Entrepreneurship Center, Clarkson University
This was a follow-up to our Dec 16, 2010 meeting with Marc.
How do we define Artworks?
- business side - bringing more people to Saranac Lake so all prosper
- nurturing side - creating a welcoming environment for “all” arts - no requirement of an economic benefit
- or both?
After much discussion and brainstorming - Marc led us to the following:
Nurturing the business of Fine Art and Artists
Acting as a unifying voice for Saranac Lake area artists, Artworks will enhance members’ abilities to grow as artists, collaborate as a community and succeed as businesses, and ultimately make Saranac Lake the “arts destination” of the Adirondacks.
Goals (someone needs to step up and take responsibility for these actions - each goal has a lead person and an assistant who takes over the next year, and so on):
1) Coordinate and promote informal gatherings 6 times a year - open to everyone
( Susan volunteered to communicate events; Larry will help, & Tim)
2) Coordinate and promote artist specific small business seminars twice a year (Burdette, Tim)
3) By focusing on external communication, Artworks will increase patron attendance at fine art events. (Advertising Committee: Sandy, Diane, Matt P)
4) Increase the diversity of Fine Arts represented b ArtWorks members (Bob P and Todd - nominated in absentia)
How do we accomplish all this?
Next business meeting: Feb 8, 8 am, Guild